Artists: Take the Virtual Innovation Challenge – Deadline June 30
DEADLINE MIDNIGHT TONIGHT: The VIRTUAL INNOVATION CHALLENGE.
Partnering with Beechwood Arts & Innovation, the Cultural Alliance of Fairfield County offers this contest as an incentive for artists, musicians and performers, working in all media, to create new forms and formats – innovative, interactive online programs (exhibits, talks, lectures, classes, dance/theater/music experiences) that can generate income and provide possible new forms for sustainability.
Submitted work will be judged, and awarded points, on its ability to:
- be innovative in its presentation, clearly showing the use of art and digital formats in a new way;
- be interactive – engaging its audience in ways that includes feedback and interactivity with its audience; and
- incorporate an ability to generate income for the artist(s).
Artists may develop and submit their work using any digital platform that has a URL.
Applicants must be a current member of the Cultural Alliance of Fairfield County. Non-members may join the CAFC before submitting an application. Collaborations are encouraged; only the applicant need be a CAFC member.
We are offering prizes of $2,000, $1250 and $750 for the top three submissions as judged by a jury of practitioners in the field. Jurors are: Holly Danger (Danger Gallery); Frederic Chiu and Jeanine Esposito(Beechwood Art & Innovation); Peter van Heerden (The Quick Center); and Cheryl Williams (CAFC Board and CBS News).
The winning works will be shown on a special presentation of Beechwood’s interactive virtual The WE Events.
Submit to email@example.com by deadline of June 30:
- Name and email address of submitting artist(s)
- Names of any collaborators
- URL of performance/presentation.
- A brief statement (150 words or less) of how the project is innovative, interactive and can generate income.
This program is made possible through the generous support of an anonymous benefactor.