December Spotlight on Arts & Culture: The “Nutcracker” Phenomenon
Tune in Monday, Mon. Dec. 9 at noon, to WPKN 89.5FM for our monthly Spotlight on Arts & Culture radio interview show.
This month we will be exploring The “Nutcracker” Phenomenon.
This time of year our dance companies and dance schools explode with their many various productions of, arguably, the most popular ballet anywhere. What’s so special about this ballet? Does it pull in audiences who normally wouldn’t attend ballet? Do these performances help build the audience for dance?
● Taylor Millbauer, Executive Director of The Academy of the New England Ballet
● Jennifer Moscatello, Marketing Manager of Connecticut Ballet.
● Brett Raphael, Artistic Director and CEO of Connecticut Ballet.
● Ted Thomas, Artistic Director of New England Academy of Dance and New England Dance Theater
● Moira Murphy Wright, Artistic Director, Connecticut Dance School