Support Fairfield County.
Become a Member.
This group show includes the work of five New York artists, all of whom incorporate a glossy and shiny element to their artwork. Each employs different mediums to achieve this aesthetic feature.
Shiny surfaces are trending with many contemporary artists working today. With new mediums and technologies, the possibilities are endless.
● Ken Buhler's colorful works blend abstraction and recognizable imagery. His use of gold leaf reveals a luminous and layered surface.
● Cathy Choi’s work is minimalist, colorful and highly glossed surfaces. This is obtained by paint with a resin coating.
● Catherine Howe paints from nature; her paintings will never be pure abstraction. The paintings are process-based while retaining an affinity with observed subject matter. There is always a trail, in the fluid, effervescent materials, including copper leaf, luminous pigments and other metal leaf mediums.
● Michelle Sakhai creates beautiful landscape and abstract work that utilize metal leaf and oil. Her paintings are based on transformative and spiritual teaching.
● Rosalind Tallmadge examines the implications of glitter and sequins in her optically elusive, ever shifting blend of alchemy. Her shimmering gold surfaces are spell binding.
The show extends through May 18th. Gallery hours are Tuesday through Saturday, 11 to 5 pm.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 203.259.1500
This event is free of charge.
|Fri, 05/14/2021||11:00 am||5:30 pm|
|Sat, 05/15/2021||11:00 am||5:30 pm|
Pre-College Portfolio Workshop Saturdays: 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm Get into the Fashion college...
After the Mobile is a two-part solo exhibition by artist Tim Prentice...
Artist Emily Hamilton Laux approaches the natural world from a different perspective,...
The Artist Collective of Westport has unveiled its first and very amazing...