The Glass House a midcentury modern home, built in 1949 by architect Philip Johnson, is a site of the National Trust for Historic Preservation located in New Canaan, CT.
The pastoral 49-acre landscape comprises fourteen structures, including the Glass House + Brick House (1949), Pavilion on the Pond (1964), Painting Gallery (1965), Sculpture Gallery (1970), Studio (1980), Ghost House (1984), and Da Monsta (1995) and features a permanent collection of 20th-century painting and sculpture from John Chamberlain, Lynn Davis, Michael Heizer, Donald Judd, Robert Rauschenberg, Julian Schnabel, Frank Stella, Andy Warhol, and more.
The tour season runs from April 16 through December 30th and advance reservations are required. Please visit our website for more information on tours on offer, exhibitions and programming and to purchase tickets.
The Glass House
199 Elm Street
New Canaan, CT 06840