The Stratford Historical Society has three buildings on site. The Captain David Judson House was built circa 1750 by Captain David Judson on the site of his great-grandfather's 1639 stone house. It is a fine example of Georgian architecture and is furnished with period pieces of Stratford origin. The Catharine Bunnell Mitchell Museum has exhibits of Stratford history. A extensive genealogy library is located in the office area of the museum and is open to the public. The Beach Family Carriage house was built around 1880-1885 by the Beach family who lived on Elm Street in Stratford. At the time it was built, it was used to house a horse and carriage on the ground floor and the upper level was used to store hay and grains.



Stratford Historical Society
967 Academy Hill
Stratford, CT 06615

Map and directions


(203) 378-0630



Accessibility Info