Founded in 1964, The Trumbull Historical Society is dedicated to the preservation of the history of Trumbull, Connecticut. Its mission is to preserve the knowledge and objects related to the history of Trumbull, and to disseminate that knowledge and appreciation for the past to the public. The Trumbull Historical Society is located in the George & Florence Woods House (1820) in the Nichols section of Trumbull. The house was built in 1820 on the property of the Nichols family, land that went back to Abraham Nichols, one of the original founders of the town of Stratford. The last of the family to live in the house was Florence Nichols Woods (died 1973), whose husband, George Woods (died 1972), was president of Bridgeport's People's Bank. Their estate was noted for its gardens. Since 1978 the house has been rented by the Historical Society, while the grounds are now Abraham Nichols Park. The Museum, Research Library and Gift Shop are open the first and third Sunday of each month from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm., Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm or by appointment. ​

Information

Visit

Trumbull Historical Society
1856 Huntington Turnpike
Trumbull, CT 06611

Map and directions

Call

(203) 377-6620

Email

trumbullhistory@gmail.com

Browse

Accessibility Info