As part of its Create The Vote CT campaign in the summer of 2020, The CT Arts Alliance sent out a questionnaire to all General Assembly candidates to answer. In the coastal Fairfield County region 76 candidates were sent the questionnaire and just 18 completed it. For candidates responses, click on their names:
|Bridgeport||Helene Kouassi||House 129||R|
|Darien||Bob Duff||Senate 25||D|
|Easton||Anthony Hwang||Senate 28||R|
|Easton||Michelle Lapine McCabe||Senate 28||D|
|Fairfield||Joanne Romano- Csonka||House 133||R|
|Greenwich||Stephen Meskers||House 150||D|
|Greenwich||Alex Kasser||Senate 36||D|
|New Canaan||Lucy Dathan||House 142||D|
|New Canaan||Kim Healy||Senate 26||R|
|Norwalk||M. Patrizia Zucaro||House 143||R|
|Norwalk||Kerry Wood||House 141||R|
|Norwalk||Chris Perone||House 137||D|
|Stamford||Juan Ospina||House 145||R|
|Stamford||David Michel||House 146||D|
|Stratford||Jim Feehan||House 120||R|
|Trumbull||Sujata Gadkar-Wilcox||House 123||D|
|Trumbull||David Rutigliano||House 123||R|
|Westport||Jonathan Steinberg||House 136||D*|
From the 18, we invited six, balancing for party and geographic distribution, to take part in a forum on October 14, 2020, in which each candidate could expand upon their views.
The candidates participating were:
● State Senator Will Haskell (Democrat ,Senate District 26 – Wilton, Ridgefield, Redding, Bethel, and parts of New Canaan and Westport,)
● State Senator Tony Hwang (Republican, Senate District 28 – Fairfield, Easton, Newtown, and parts of Westport and Weston),
● State Senator Alex Kasser (Democrat, Senate District 36 – Greenwich, and parts of Stamford and New Canaan)
● Michelle Lapine McCabe (Democrat, Senate District 28 – Fairfield, Easton, Newtown, and parts of Westport and Weston) State Representative David Rutigliano (Republican, House District 123 – Trumbull),
● Patrizia Zucaro (Republican, House District 143 – parts of Weston and Wilton).
The questions were asked by:
● Nadia Martinez – Artist, Teacher, Curator, from Greenwich
● Diane Jellerette – Executive Director, Norwalk Historical Society
● Duvian Montoya – Artist from Easton
● Ed Libonati – Executive Director, The Summer Theatre of New Canaan
● Rina Bakalar – Director of the Dept of Economic and Community Development, Town of Trumbull.
See the recording of the forum on YouTube by clicking on the image below.