Mike focuses on capturing the essence of the people he meets and the places where they live. His goal is to share his vision of culture through photography. His work often challenges viewers as they view a subject in a new and different way.
Mike had a one-person exhibit of his work at the Cos Cob Library in 2014 and his photographs have been selected for shows at the Greenwich Library, the Bendheim Gallery in Greenwich, the Carriage Barn Arts Center in New Canaan, the Greenwich and Stamford Art Societies and the University of Connecticut Stamford Gallery. A number of his works are in private collections including the Snite Museum of Art at Notre Dame University.
Mike and his wife Sally believe an important part of photography is sharing their work with others. Achievements include:
• Photo essay presentations for Rotary Clubs, At Home in Greenwich, Edgehill and the New Canaan Library
• Exhibition in 2015 of their photographs of Iceland and Vietnam at the Greenwich Garden Education Gallery
• Solo exhibition in 2016 of their photographs of the Northwest at the Cos Cob Library
• Photo essay presentation in 2016 about the world of Mennonites and Hutterites to the Retired Men’s Association in Greenwich
• Solo exhibitions of their photographs of life on Route 66 (2018) and the Irish Travelers (2019) at the Greenwich YWCA
• Solo exhibition in 2019 of a decade of their work at the Bendheim Galleries at the Greenwich Arts Council.
Mike Harris Photography
39 Stanwich Road
Greenwich, CT 06830