The Historical Society’s mission is to preserve, interpret, and foster public knowledge of Ridgefield’s historical, cultural, and architectural heritage.
The Society is headquartered at the 1714 Scott House, whose preservation, renovation, and restoration was completed in September 2002. We also operate and maintain the 1756 Peter Parley Schoolhouse, located at the intersection of West Lane & County Rte 35 in Ridgefield.
We strive to create a community dedicated to preserving and cultivating the memories of our town and neighbors, past and present. Most of the program content that we present is directly sourced from our state-of-the-art archives which contains over 10,000 historical documents, images, letters, artifacts, and ephemera spanning hundreds of years. The Historical Society brings history to life through engaging educational experiences for all ages such as intriguing exhibits, topical lectures and author talks, guided walking tours, exciting field trips, historic home research, genealogy services, and much more.
Visit us online to see a calendar of our upcoming events or come to the Scott House Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 1 to 5 pm.
Ridgefield Historical Society
4 Sunset Lane
Ridgefield, CT 06877