Welcome to Classifieds!
These listings cover all disciplines and fields of the arts and entertainment.
Classified ad content cannot be discriminatory in nature. We reserve the right to remove any ad that breaks these rules.
Please remember to remove your classified once your needs are fulfilled or the deadline has passed.
Support Fairfield County.
Become a Member.
Posted by ACT Of Connecticut | Ridgefield, CT
ACT of CT is seeking technicians to assist with load in of sets, electrics calls (hang and focus and programming), sound install (also A1 and A2 duties) and more... please email your resume and interest to email@example.com. Hourly and Weekly rates available.
ACT of CT is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to inspiring, creating and nurturing a culturally diverse and equitable environment for its staff, creative teams, cast, crew members and audiences. ACT of CT does not discriminate in matters of employment, recruitment, admission or administration of any of its programs on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and to maintaining an inclusive and discrimination-free environment. ACT of CT is a fully vaccinated theater company. Potential employees will be asked to provide documentation of their fully vaccinated status.
Posted by The Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum | Ridgefield
The Digital Media Assistant will support the Marketing and Communications Department to promote The Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum, its exhibitions and programs, and support fundraising efforts through the Museum’s digital channels. The Digital Media Assistant works with diverse Museum departments—Exhibitions, Education, Development, Special Events, and Visitor Services—and will actively update, organize, and archive content on The Aldrich’s newly redesigned website to ensure timely and accurate information is posted in a way to make the site dynamic, accessible, and engaging. This position supervises the Museum’s online presence and social media channels with the goals of elevating the Museum’s profile, fostering community, implementing outreach strategies to build constituency engagement, and supporting fundraising goals. The Digital Media Assistant will also create, manage, and edit cross-departmental digital projects including photography, audio, and video. This position will also schedule, develop, and format all e-newsletters across all departments, create and manage a digital archive of all exhibitions, programs, and events, and support the Design Director on special projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manage social media channels and create content to disseminate information about Museum activities, building visibility for and interest in Museum news, exhibitions, and programs
• Maintain consistent and frequent postings across multiple social media platforms
• Develop and work on strategy to increase social media engagement and growth
• Create advertisements for social media
• Maintain a social media content calendar and meet regularly with colleagues to discuss upcoming needs/concerns regarding social media
• Format content for, regularly review, update, and maintain the Museum’s newly redesigned website
• Assure the timeliness, quality, and accuracy of website content
• Digitize archival material as necessary to create a robust exhibition history for the Museum’s website
• Update, review, and maintain online retail and ticketing platforms
• Develop online outreach materials, including bi-monthly e-newsletter, dedicated program emails, press emails, invitations, annual appeals, etc.
• Serve as staff photographer and videographer, including post-production, retouching, correcting, and editing images and video for website, social media, brochures, catalogues, press, and external use
• Develop and create video and audio content for various Museum departments to share on website and social media
• Archive and track all exhibition, program, event, and institutional video/photography for use in materials and outreach; oversee exhibition and program photography and videography in collaboration with the Design Director
• Support digital marketing initiatives with copywriting and visual content creation
• Track, report, and analyze data for social media and email promotions
• Update and maintain the Museum’s presence on international, national, and local online outlets
• Manage organic search ads
• Assist Design Director on template-based design projects as needed
• Create mobile optimized graphics for social media
Other special projects as assigned by the Director of Marketing and Communications or Design Director
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience and education in a relevant field
• Positive attitude, collaborative spirit, and a strong work ethic
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Exemplary organizational and problem-solving skills
• Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion in all aspects of the position
• Fluent in Photoshop (InDesign and Illustrator a plus), with a strong understanding of producing and optimizing media for the web
• Front and back-end e-commerce experience a plus
• Knowledge of Mailchimp, Shopify, Google Analytics, Google Ads, video and audio editing, and Facebook Ads Manager a plus
We encourage applicants who are comfortable with technology and willing to learn, but who may not have all the above listed skills, to apply for this position.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume in a single PDF to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Digital Media Assistant.”
Qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
The Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum Non-Discrimination Policy
The Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum is committed to:
• The goal of achieving equal opportunity for all.
• Providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of the community.
• Providing an inclusive and nondiscriminatory work environment in which all employees are valued and empowered to succeed.
• Providing a workplace free from harassment of all kinds.
• Compliance with all federal and state legislation and regulations regarding non-discrimination.
Consistent with these principles, The Aldrich does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, expression and characteristics, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, visible or invisible disability, veteran status, or any other protected status.
Posted by Concordia Conservatory | Stamford
Serve as an Art Teacher at Concordia Conservatory for a community of early childhood, youth and adult students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide in classroom art lessons for 19 Connecticut Public Schools (K-12)
Provide private and group art lessons in Bronxville, NY and Stamford, CT to students with autism spectrum disorder, neurological dysfunction and developmental and/or cognitive disabilities, including adults with Alzheimer's
Ability to work well with verbal and non-verbal clients with a range of disabilities
Driver’s License and personal vehicle required
Report to Executive Director for scheduled meetings
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Exemplify philosophy of Concordia Conservatory’s mission statement and values in all aspects of day-to-day duties and responsibilities assigned to this position
Effectively communicate with kindness, understanding and helpfulness when interacting with students, staff, faculty and the general public
Develop and maintain positive relationships
Exhibit a cheerful, positive, loyal, team-member attitude toward the purposes, programs, policies and goals of the Conservatory
Constantly strive to improve performance
Critical evaluation—identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully
Oral communication—speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrate group presentation skills and conduct meetings
Written Communication—edit work for spelling and grammar, present numerical data effectively and read and interpret written information
Adaptability—adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
Dependability—consistently at work on time, follow instructions, respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance
Bachelor’s degree in Art/Visual Arts (Masters in Art Therapy or Creative Arts with certification, preferred but not required)
Experience working with special needs children and adults.
Strong interpersonal, public speaking and writing skills.
Ability to represent the Conservatory in a professional manner.
Work well with multiple constituencies.
Ability to work with confidential information and exercise discretion.
Demonstrate ability to effectively solve problems; initiate and implement projects independently.
Goal and detail oriented.
Effective at managing multiple priorities.
Ability to work independently.
The availability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Maintain a positive attitude that will promote a healthy cultural climate that reflect the mission of Concordia Conservatory.
Reports to the Concordia Conservatory Director, Melinda Magnani
RESPONSIBILITY FOR PUBLIC CONTACT
Regular contact with students, faculty, staff and third parties requiring courtesy, discretion, professional appearance and sound judgment.
Hourly rate/compensation is commensurate with experience
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to:
Kathleen Suss, Executive Director of Concordia Conservatory Kathleen.Suss@concordia-ny.edu
Concordia Conservatory’s mission is to mission is to inspire, instruct and enrich lives through music, offering excellence in education and performance. Concordia is committed to bringing the arts to all people regardless of age, ability, ethnic origin or financial situation, and serves as an education and therapy resource for the communities in Westchester and Fairfield counties.
Concordia Conservatory does not discriminate in the employment of individuals on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, sex or age.
Posted by The Klein | Bridgeport
Re: Part-time grant writer. Klein Memorial Auditorium Foundation, Inc.
Those interested should submit a resume and two professional references to: email@example.com
The Klein, Bridgeport’s 1,447-seat performing arts center serving the greater Bridgeport region, is looking to hire a part-time grant writer who will research potential grantors and sponsors and write the grant applications and sponsorship solicitations. The grant writer reports to the director of development and the executive director. Funds raised support Klein Theatre Arts, (a tuition-free arts education program), entertainment programs and events, capital projects and capacity building.
- Bachelor's degree in sales, marketing, or a related field, or equivalent experience plus a minimum of 3 years of fund development experience in a non-profit organization with diversified fund development programs
- Experience with researching and writing grant applications
- Must be an effective communicator with strong writing and marketing skills
Much of the work can be done from remote locations, if preferred, but the grant writer will be required to spend some part of every week at The Klein.
Salary will be a monthly stipend of $750 - $1,000 commensurate with experience.
Posted by The Klein | Bridgeport
Re: Part-time administrative assistant/bookkeeper, Klein Memorial Auditorium Foundation, Inc.
Those interested should submit a resume and two professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Klein, Bridgeport’s 1,447-seat performing arts center serving the greater Bridgeport region, is looking to hire a part-time administrative assistant/bookkeeper who will work directly with the executive director and will also handle special projects with the staff members in development, box office, marketing and production operations.
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 4 years of experience in a related field
- Must be competent with Excel, Word, Power Point. Experience with QuickBooks and Donor Perfect is a plus
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task on several projects at once. Must demonstrate understanding of the challenges of small-businesses, particularly those in the non-profit sector
- Prior experience of working at a non-profit organization is preferred but not required
- The job entails tracking and maintaining accurate and timely reports on revenues, expenses, invoices, payroll schedules and events.
Salary is $18/hour
Posted by MoCA Westport | Westport, CT
Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
*Manage MoCA Westport’s social media strategy, including (but not limited to) content creation, scheduling, advertising, and data analytics
*Support MoCA Westport department heads (Marketing, Exhibitions, Education and Development) to create print and online visual assets, eg: Exhibition guides, Concert programs, Family activities, Outdoor banners, Online advertising
*Knowledge of Facebook and Instagram strategy/policies
*Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator or InDesign
Salary commensurate with experience. Please send resumé to Leslie LaSala at email@example.com.
Posted by MoCA Westport | Westport CT
MoCA Westport is seeking to hire a freelance gallery attendant for their ongoing exhibitions. The Gallery Attendant performs a variety of services in support of visitor services. This includes setting a positive tone and image to visitors, providing information and monitoring public activities in Museum galleries and other public areas. The Gallery Attendant plays a key role in the overall safety of visitors, staff, and museum assets.
*Overseeing the safety and security of art installations as viewers move through them
*Greeting and guiding visitors through the exhibits
*Training in entry/admissions procedures Bloomerang to log in guests
*Training to handle any BAR MOCA drink purchases on Clover system
*Training to handle any gift shop purchases through website
*Sharing knowledge about the exhibitions and artists to enhance the visitor experience
*Monitoring any small or large crowds/lines
*Maintaining and ensuring proper museum etiquette among visitors
*Maintaining a proper and polished essence/persona at all times while in the museum
Salary: $16/ hour
*Availability for periodic Private Events on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday evenings
Knowledge and Education:
*1-2 years of work experience and a College Degree
*Prior museum or gallery experience, related experience working within the arts industry or a Fine Art/Art History background preferred
*Maintain a positive and professional attitude
*Have strong, professional communication/ customer service skills
*Have strong leadership skills
*Be able to recite information regarding the art (if needed/when asked)
*Be responsible and reliable
*Be able to work in a social environment and still be able to pay attention to detail, accuracy, and individual needs
*Have the ability to stand or sit for several hours at a time
*Be available to work weekends and/or evenings
*Customer/ Service experience is preferred but not required.
MoCA Westport is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex or national origin; and promotes an inclusive environment for all employees, who are hired on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. For further information, please see MoCA's website, which includes our Mission and Values, at www.mocawestport.org.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $16.00 per hour
Please send resumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted by New England Dance Theater | New Canaan
Ballet teacher for our Primary division ages 6-10 and Junior Pre-Professional Division ages 10-14. ABT teacher Certification preferred. Interview Classes to be held throughout the month of July. please email email@example.com to make an appointment.